Saturday, September 8, 2012

DirecTV: A discount is the best she can do!?

After an extended absence, I'm back. I'm sure you were reeling with loss as a result of my absence. Truth be told, I had no computer at home and a lack of a computer makes blogging rather difficult.

You know what else is difficult? Rebuilding your life after a disaster. We've seen it all too often on the news, people trying to regain some semblance of normalcy after losing everything. Then some companies try to pander to that.

I give you, DirecTV's most ridiculous Refer a Friend Ad yet.


Don't get me wrong, as a DirecTV customer myself I see the benefit of referring friends and getting a discount. But really? The best she could do for a friend who's life was turned upside down by the tornado is get her a discount? What, was she not around to kick her when she was down?

 I know you're all reeling right now, but you know what would totally help? Our Total Choice package!

DirecTV has made some interesting comparisons before between acts of humanitarian and philanthropic generosity and offering up a chance to save a couple of bucks on television service so people can watch awful reality shows.

Again, don't get me wrong, I watch as much, if not more, television than the next guy. Just not reality shows unless it involves cooking. But everyone do me a favor, if my home is ever destroyed by some natural disaster, please do me a favor and make sure my family has a roof over my head and has some food before we make sure Kaylee can watch Spongebob again. That's way down on the priority list. Third or fourth. Third probably.

2 comments:

  1. Idk if the commecial was supposed to be funny... if so fail. Its just sad.

    ReplyDelete