Friday, September 30, 2011

This is really happening Fresno!

So if you're like me and live in the Fresno and Bakersfield broadcast areas you've been privileged to see this gem of an ad. Constantly. In-effing-cessantly. Ad nauseum...pun intended.Seriously, it's generally played at least twice every commercial break it's in. Even if I was interested in the product, that would just turn me the hell off.


First off, let me stress that's the second version of the ad. The initial ad said "The I-99, it's your time." That's great, I was wondering when our time was. The only problem is, the 99 isn't an Interstate; it's a US Highway. A minor difference, but when you're hyping that you're doing a big thing for an area, something like the major highway is something you may want to get right.

They've since edited the "I" out of the spot, which only makes me focus more on the other issues.

Issues like this guy...he is just WAY too excited about a Doritos taco shell
He's turned on by cheese-dust covered fingers. Sadly, not even in the top 100 of weird shit you'll find online. And somehow I get the impression he's doing a version of the old "cut a hole in the bottom of the popcorn bucket" trick. 


Anyway, I'll overlook all the lame jokes and bad puns; Lord knows I make enough of those myself (see first paragraph) but the one thing that just makes me shake my head is at the very end. He talks about the taco and confirms that no, this isn't a dream of another way to make your digestive tract loathe you even more, "This is Really Happening!"

That's right, this is really happening! A solution to all our problems. Unless you count crippling unemployment, high crime rateswater crisis in the farming community as our problems. But hey, Taco Bell in a Doritos shell! I mean, what else could you need.

Maybe a job so you could afford one I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment