Thursday, March 24, 2011

Inappropriate moment over coffee

Since it's beginning to a look a lot like Christmas at my house with the endless snow, I figure I'd go back in time to Christmas of 2010 with this ad critique.

Christmas is a magical time of peace, love and family togetherness. Sometimes, apparently a little too much "togetherness."

Watch this

Holy inappropriate behavior, what the hell was that!? I haven't seen such an unhealthy moment of sibling sexual tension since Empire Strikes Back. All I can say is I'm thankful the guy who made this glimpse in to West Virginian coffee habits didn't have her unwrap her "Christmas Present."

Merry Christmas, I got you an awkward moment.

If for whatever reason you didn't watch the video, let me fill you in. The brother is back from peace corps or something in Africa. After he hands her a box that I can only assume contains some sort of African sex toy, she takes the bow off the present and puts it on her brother, saying "You're my present this year."

That's a little odd, but maybe they're just close. Then you see the look they share. I've seen less restrained sexual magnetism in adult movies. How did the people making this commercial not see this? Maybe they needed to drink some of that coffee...'

It's at this point that mom wakes up from the smell of coffee (or sex and candy) and comes rushing out just in time to stop a crime against nature. Only one thing isn't harder than trying to figure out how they missed the subtext...

Hope that hug isn't too tight, or mom's gonna get a second surprise.

1 comment:

  1. I always thought there was something wrong with me that the connection between them made me squirm uncomfortably. I think it actually has been around a couple of years though.

    ReplyDelete